Europe is facing difficulties in integrating the refugees and providing them with employability skills and jobs. Migrants face daily problems of social integration, differences of values and culture, difficulty in financing their lives, and as a result at risk of marginalisation. Against the background of demographic changes through migration, some countries in Europe exhibit tendency for social-economical-political instability and even violence.
A priority for VET education is to innovate and develop a suitable educational offer for migrants to promote EU values and to ensure that they improve their language skills, enhance their employability skills and in consequence, find jobs easier.
The project EVOLVE emphasizes the need for promoting European values to enhance social inclusion and economic integration.
– comparative analysis of cross-cultural European values in the partner countries – with emphasis on migrants’ integration in the European job market and their social inclusion.
– Conceptualization, design and creation of the ‚Values Navigator‘ Digital Training Platform for Learning via APPs in 6 languages (in EN, DE, FR, MT, NO and ES),
– Exposure Visits and various interface for Social Inclusion (social, art, theatre, sport, culture, religion, etc.)
– Job-Shadowing for Migrants in real organisations
– A tailor-made Career guidance plan including self diagnostic tool, assessment, training program, educational
visits, job-shadowing and certification (including EQF and ECVET-recognition)
– Methodolgy guidelines for implemation of the career guidance program
– National and European dissemination on EVOLVE products
The EVOLVE project consortium includes MDP (BE) plus 4 VET partners PARAGON (MT), KIST (AT), INFODEF (ES) and MIA (NO) all of whom have worked on previous European projects. Each partner has specific expertise in career guidance for migrants, counselling and VET systems and brings strategic networks involving well-known partners from all EU countries.
EVOLVE project is scheduled for 24 months with the following activities:
– Comparative analysis of of cross-cultural European values in all partner countries
– Development of the EVOLVE training program for career guidance (theory and practice) and sustainable tailor-made training
– Development of the ‚Values Navigator‘ Digital Training Platform for Learning via APPs in 6 languages
– Development of the EVOLVE career guidance training evaluation (including EQF and ECVET-recognition)
– EVOLVE methodolgy guidelines for « Career Guidance for Migrants » in each country for training implementation, evaluation, examination and dissemination
– Project management and implementation comprising quality control measures (monitoring) to ensure timely implementation as per allocated budget.
The definition of each activity group has been designed to ensure a balanced distribution between the objectives and activities of the project and to guarantee that each partner would be leading at least one group of activity. All activities have one lead partner and each partner will lead or participate in at least one activity. All partners will participate actively in all activities, intellectual outputs and responsibilities of all activities have been agreed with all partners prior to submission of this bid.
– EVOLVE Survey for Comparative needs analysis of Migrants’s integration in the European job market
– Conceptualisation, design and creation of a EVOLVE digital training platform and Information Career guidance program via APPs based on the survey outputs
– Organising educational visits for Migrants to real work spaces for exploring carrier opportunities in each country
– Organising of Internship – opportunity for practical work in a chosen company in each country
– Development of EVOLVE career guidance plan (based on EQF & ECVET recognition) evolving from the study analysis and based on the needs of the Migrants to help them carve out their tailor-made path of education for their wished job.
– EVOLVE methodolgy guidelines for career guidance
– Manual for Project Quality Management and Evaluation Strategy
– Several marketing/dissemination and exploitation/valorisation initiatives and outcomes.
– Migrants as trainees in 5 partner countries for piloting (100)
– VET providers in all countries (250)
– EVOLVE 5-step career guidance in all countries (100)
• Stakeholders involved in dissemination (500);
• VET providers, decision and policy makers involved in final event (40).
LONG TERM BENEFITS
Other VET providers from partners’ networks can be future multiplier of EVOLVE career guidance training program for migrants through cooperation protocols with EVOLVE partners.
We anticipate an indirect impact on Migrants in all partner countries (500 approx.) and VET providers (100 approx.) during and after the end of the project.